Five things you need to know before the market opens on Monday August 14:
1. — Stocks higher, Treasury yields jump as markets shrug-off China Concerns
Wall street looks set for a higher open Monday as markets look past economic woes in China and focus on a key week of consumer-focused data and earnings.
2. — Week Ahead: Wall Street to focus on retail sales, Walmart, Target earnings
The strength of the U.S. consumer will be in focus this week as Wall Street tests the resilience of the S&P 500’s fading summer rally.
3. — Tesla shares slide after latest Model Y price cut in China
Tesla, which is locked in an escalating price war in its biggest and most important market, unveiled further reductions to its Model Y base price in China.
4. — U.S. Steel soars after rejecting $7.3 billion Cleveland-Cliffs offer
U.S. Steel called Cleveland-Cliffs unsolicited takeover bid, which values the group at $7.3 billion, an “”unreasonable proposal”.
5. — Nikola tumbles after recall, sales halt following battery fire probe
Nikola, which just inked a key truck order with JB Hunt, will recall all of its battery electric vehicles, and halt near-term sales, following a probe into recent battery fires.